HSN Student/Parent Agreement:
Attending a homeschooling co-op is a privilege. We ask that each parent and student sign the agreement to insure that we all adhere to the rules, understand the discipline policy and exhibit expected behavior by all who attend. This agreement is to help ensure we have the most beneficial and safe environment possible for our children.
1. If the student is not in a class they are ALWAYS to be under the direct supervision of the parent.
2. The student is not to be outside the building at any time, unless they are with a parent or another responsible adult.
3. Parents will be responsible for knowing where their children are at all times.
4. Students will display a good attitude in class, including willingness to participate and a cheerful attitude. Disrupting class in any way is not tolerated.
5. Students will always show respect for those in authority.
6. At no time is it appropriate or tolerable to use foul language or cruel words to another student or teacher.
7. At no time is it appropriate to hit, kick or otherwise physically hurt another person.
8. No weapons or sharp objects are allowed on premises, inside or outside.
9. Respect for the facilities and property belonging to the host church must be maintained.
10. Students and Parents need to understand that tardiness is not beneficial to either yourself or the rest of the class.
11. Parents are required to stay on the property during the time their children are involved in classes or other activities.
12. Students and Parents must review and sign a copy of this behavior / discipline policy.
Parents with students enrolled in HSN must be fulfilling the homeschooling requirements as stated by law.
1. First Offense: A Formal Warning will be given by the teacher. The Teacher has the option to discuss the matter with the parent.
2. Second Offense: The student will be taken to the administration by the helper, the parent will be notified and the student will sit out the remainder of that class.
3. Third Offense: The Student will be taken to the parent by the administrator. The student will sit out of school for the rest of the day. The Administrative Board will be notified. A meeting will be scheduled with the student (s), teacher, and administrator to discuss the situation and a plan of action will be made.
Continued behavior issues or extraordinarily serious issues could result in dismissal from the HSN program.